With an extensive career in both clinical research and as a Principal GP, Dr Mathewson brings a varied and valuable healthcare background to the Highland Marketing team. Previous experience in clinical research with international company Quintiles saw Kerry responsible for a wide range of phase 1 – 3 projects in drug development.
Kerry’s 15+ years as a Principal GP has seen him recognised for a number of achievements that include:
“Highland Marketing really are a marketing agency with a difference – the healthcare experience ingrained within the team really does add value to organisations looking to get ahead in the industry through marketing communications.”
A little bit about Kerry
- leading the development of a purpose built medical centre in partnership with the local practice and Health Board;
- his appointment as a Clinical Lead of the NHS Forth Valley Out of Hours (OOH) service, after helping to design and implement it;
- being mobilised to Iraq as a Senior Medical Officer, co-ordinating and delivering medical support to 1,400 troops, advising on medical challenges faced by patrolling soldiers.
- Kerry is currently a Principal GP in rural practice in Scotland
- He completed his MBA in public service management in 2007; the submission on risk management was completed in Iraq while under mortar fire! His dissertation examined the psychological contract between GPs and the NHS who work for Out of Hours services.
- Dr Mathewson is currently a Scottish council member for the Royal Collage of General Practitioners.